Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I got a new job! True-th always wins!

Picture of my new job ^

Hello Everyone!
Well, after the proverbial shit hit the fan at Noja on Saturday night, I wasted no time applying for jobs. Monday I got dressed, printed out resumes, and walked up and down the main drag of Downtown Mobile applying for jobs. I ended up getting hired at a place called Cafe 615, which is like an upscale bistro. I knew by the interview I wasn't going to make as much money as Noja, but a job is a job.
My sister and Dave encouraged me to write an e-mail to True, a restaurant of the same caliber of Noja. I was hesitant because I interviewed with them when I first moved out here, and turned them down. Eventually, a few weeks later, I started working at Noja. But I thought, what the hell do I have to lose? So I wrote an e-mail to True asking if they had a position available, and if they did, I'd love the opportunity to try for it again. I waited apprehensively, but I got an e-mail back saying they wanted to meet with me tomorrow at 3! So I just got back from meeting with her. I explained to her what happened at Noja, and that I just didn't like working for Chakli, and she said she understood. She offered me the job again. I start tomorrow night at 5pm! YES! Here is the website so you can check it out http://true.truedine.com/ The lady is so nice, and the restaurant is beautiful, and the servers make the same amount of money as Noja servers.
I have to tell you, even though I was proud of myself for sticking to my guns, it is ALWAYS stressful quitting a job, especially when you don't have another one lined up. I have been so anxiety ridden about the whole thing. I was worried I was not going to be able to find a job, or find a job just as good, or not get a second chance at True. I feel that when you stick up for what is right, the universe will take care of you. I am so thankful for being able to find another job! I am carrying a full load at school, and not having a job was stressing me out to no end, so I am relieved!!
Thanks for everyone's support!! I love you guys! I will keep everyone up to date on how the new job goes!

1 comment: