Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dogs are good, Beer is Great, and people are crazy

It has been a little chaotic these days....
First of all, I am heading into midterms next week, and on top of all that studying, I am in the process of training at my new job. I am having to memorize a lot of different stuff all at one narrow window of time and it is overwhelming.

The dogs were sick last week with a respiratory infection, and so there was a lot of sneezing, coughing, and late night hacking. After some medication, rest, and some holistic remedies, they are back to good health.

As I have been reporting in my blogging, Sonny has been putting on pounds since living down in the dirty. He isn't used to so much heat and humidity, and usually will just run over to the shade and lay down when we try and exercise him. One thing that has been working is fetch, he loves it, and he still tries to lay down but will usually chase the ball and bring it back before laying down for a break. So yesterday Olivia and I took him out to the field behind our apartment complex, and he ran down to get the ball he sliced his back right paw open on  some rocks. Olivia and I didn't notice he was bleeding until we got back in the apartment, and he was bleeding really bad. We put him in the tub, and ran water on it, and there was so much blood we still couldn't see what happened. Eventually we were able to find where he sliced his paw, and bandaged him up. The picture above is his little make shift cast we put on his back right paw to help stop the blood. My poor baby angel is doing better, and we were able to take off the bandage today.

So I have to tell you guys this story about my new job at True. So yesterday, I had the night off work, but when I got out of class my boss called me and said "First off, I want to apologize for calling you on your day off, but Eddie has bronchitis and can't work tonight, and we could really use your help tonight because we are going to be really busy." I told her yes, for sure I can help out. So I came in, and she thanked me profusely for helping out, and kept telling me throughout the shift how good I was doing. Then at the end of the night she was like "Hey, you can go, but before you leave, I want to buy you dinner for coming in and helping out" I told her she didn't have to do that, and she said "No, I want to, you really did us a favor by coming in on your day off. So what can we make for you? Whatever you want on the menu, do you want the lamb? Steak? Whatever you want." They literally cooked me a Filet Mignon, that they even fully plated, with mashed potato and asparagus. I was eating in the back with a glass of water, and my boss came up and handed me a glass of red wine to drink with my meal.
YES! I seriously have never worked at a place that is so polite, accommodating, and grateful to their employees in my life. Everyone is so nice to me, and my bosses seriously go above and beyond. It is now a cliche, that everything happens for a reason, but seriously, the garbage that went down around me leaving, Noja happened for this reason, to bring me an even better job! Quitting was a blessing in disguise. This new job is so great, and the management is so professional and generous. I know serving is just temporary until I graduate, but you have no idea, when you are in school, it sucks if you have to pull full-time credit hours, and hate your job. Life is good if you can just worry about getting good grades, without having to worry about dreading my job too. So, as I said before, when you follow your heart, and do what us right, the universe will ALWAYS take care of you. I knew I couldn't swallow shit, and even risked quitting my job suddenly, without a backup plan, but it turned out for the best.

One story I forgot to mention in my blog, was the night I quit Noja, a girl I served with there named Kelly and I hit the town that night to celebrate. We went to almost every bar in downtown, and drank our feelings! Haha We had such a blast, and...brace yourself...I went to my first Southern Gay Bar!! Yes, a gay bar in the bible belt, so you KNOW it is a good time. Lucky for us, they had a drag show that night! The only thing more fabulous then a Drag Queen, is a Southern Drag Queen. They were all so fierce, over the top, and we literally had the most amazing time. There was even a Drag Queen that came up singing a techno version of Sweet Home Alabama Haha It was great!!

In other news, my obsession with big Southern homes, has continued. Olivia, Dave, and I took a drive through a random neighborhood with cute Southern homes. Unfortunately, it was completely down pouring so the pictures are not as clear, but you get the point! I will keep snapping photos of beautiful homes!!







As for my financial status, Unfortunately, I have been making training wages thus far, so I am probably the brokest I have been in years. Once I start getting steady paychecks, it will be good, but right now I am feeling the pinch. Tonight is my first night on the floor on my own, so I will start making the cash I am used to making. Well...cash sort of. They tip pool out here, so you don't get cash, it all comes in your paycheck that is paid out weekly on Fridays. I have been pondering getting a second job for a little while to help me catch up on bills, but we will see.

One great Southern phrase that I love is "Don't be ugly." or "I don't want to be ugly but..." In California people will usually start a sentence with "Not to be a bitch but..." but here they use "ugly" lol Which usually refers to gossiping or saying something mean about someone or something lol Another thing is everyone will say "You have a blessed day now" instead of "good day" which I think is cute, even for an atheist like me lol

Ok bloggers until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a funny post. Those pictures came out beautifully and just so everyone knows, Sonny is doing fine. His paw is still sore and we plan on never taking him by those rocks again. Poor little one. Oh and we have to update about the stray!

    ReplyDelete