Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An Update

Well, Olivia on a whim went into the leasing office at her apartment complex to ask how much a one bedroom would be for me. Olivia told the leasing agent I was moving to Alabama from California with my dog Sonny, and so I need my own place (since Olivia already has 4 dogs of her own). The lady at the leasing office told her if I wanted I could stay in Olivia's apartment, as long as I paid a small fee.
Olivia and Dave have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment, so for the first two months in Alabama I am going to be staying with Sonny in her guest bedroom. It will help me get on my feet, find a job, and save up some money for my own place.
Although I don't talk about it much, I was EXTREMELY stressed. I was worried about finances, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to afford moving into an apartment straight away, since I don't know how much money I'll be making at my new job in Alabama, or even if I have a job!
I was stress eating (I have gained 10 pounds since I decided to move), losing sleep, and just really anxious. Now that I know I will be able to get on my feet before getting my own place with Sonny, I feel a lot less tense. I am back on a normal sleep schedule, and I plan on taking care of my body.
Moving is ALWAYS stressful. However, I think moving to a new place is always so exciting. You get to see new places, meet new people, and try new things.
I look forward to living with Olivia, so we can plan her wedding, start exercising, and studying together at our new University!!
I fly to Alabama on June 20 to do orientation at my new school, and meet with employers to talk about possible jobs.
Rachel leaves next week Thursday for Europe then Australia until October, so I won't be seeing her for a while starting next week. I have loved living with her in California, and being able to explore some beautiful and unique stuff out here. I know this isn't goodbye forever...I plan on living in her basement after I graduate college HAHA!
Olivia, Rachel, and I are on to new adventures! In Alabama and Australia!

2 comments:

  1. I have three words for you: Going away party! I know I'm a bit of a flake about getting together but you know I can plan a party!

    -Phalla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets get real...you will be staying longer than 2 months. It is sort of pointless to get your own place. Lets just have one big happy family here with 3 adults and 5 dogs! Hahahaha

    Glad your stress is down a lot. I cannot wait to have a workout buddy.

    PS are me and Phalla really the only NON-lame ones who actually comment? ; ) I can tell you spend a lot of time on these posts and I will try to comment whenever possible! Byeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete