Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kaitlin Meets Alabama...It was love at first sight!

Hey everyone! Well it is day 3 of me being in Alabama, and I fly back to California Friday. I can't attach pictures to this blog just yet because Olivia's computer doesn't take my type of memory card. Anyways, let me start from the top...

My flight was good. I flew out of San Francisco, and connected in Houston. My plane to Houston was the kind with the individual TV's so I watched the Justin Bieber Movie. I am not sure what is more embarrassing, the fact that I watched it or the fact that I cried when I watched it...moving on. My plane to Mobile from Houston was one of those puddle jumpers that was so small they couldn't even put our carry-on suitcase in the overhead compartments because the plane was that small. Nevertheless, I arrived Monday morning at 8am.

Olivia, Dave, and I went shopping at Old Navy because they bought me a gift card for my birthday! So I bought some summer clothes and then to the mall. We ate BBQ at this place called "The Shed". It was super country and I loved it.

The next day we went to the University of South Alabama and we got lost and ended up being 45 minutes late for orientation. Nonetheless we made it! The campus is BEAUTIFUL!! It is all newly remodeled, huge, and has such a southern charm about it. We registered for classes, and got our student I.D.'s. Then we ate in the new dining hall which is so huge, it you pay $7 and then you can eat whatever you want, they have pizza, pasta, salad, mongolian bbq...tons of options.

Then at night we went down to Downtown Mobile, which looks so similar to New Orleans. It has a ton of cast iron black balconies with deep red bricks it was so beautiful. It literally looks like an old southern town. We had beers at a bar with Dave's army buddy Shane, then headed home to watch The Voice.

Today was beach day. We headed to Gulf Shores, and laid on the beach for about 2 hours. We were so relaxed and got some much needed tans.

I love it here! Everyone is so friendly, the area is beautiful, and the school is really amazing. I can't wait to start the next chapter in my life.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post and it made me realize what a solid vacay we actually had!

    ReplyDelete