Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The latest and greatest...

Hey everyone,
Well it is my second to last night in Mobile before heading back to California for 1 more month. I registered for classes, signed my apartment lease, and today was hired on the spot by two fine dining restaurants. Everyone here is SO nice...like SO NICE. I can't stress that enough. No matter where you are, people make eye contact, wave, and ask how you are. Today this old man held the door for his wife, and then for me, and Olivia was a little ways from the door and he waited and held it for her and said "Come on out of the rain Miss." So sweet <3
When we took a tour of the campus, my back was REALLY hurting, the most it has hurt in a while, and so I was limping. Some guy I didn't even know walk up to me and said "Is your knee bothering you Miss?" and I said "No it is actually my back" and he said "Well, I hope that gets better for you Miss. You have a nice day"...Yeah! SUPER POLITE! I honestly am in shock at just how much manners people have.
One negative is that the humidity is enough to take you out, but hopefully once I live down here I will get used to it.
I posted pictures on Facebook, and I will keep you all updated as I go along!

1 comment:

  1. Kaity, I love the story about the guy who saw you limping. That was soo nice.

    ReplyDelete