Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alabama: Not so bad.

Hello Blog-o-sphere!
As usual, I took forever to write my next blog, but I have a few stories for you all.
First things first,
I am Brunette now. I have been walking around with Jerry Springer-esque trashbag hair now since I moved here. My hair was a nice rainbow of every color of box-blonde on the market. I decided to dye my hair brown to get all the orange and brass out, and I have an appointment at a salon on Saturday morning to go back blonde.

My job at True is going really well. I love everybody, the job is great, and for the first time in a long time, I have job I do not dread going into. Unfortunately, I have been constantly broke. I joined on to True right in the heart of their slow time, and so I have been making enough to barely meet my bills with no extra money what-so-ever. Even though I tried to avoid it, it was inevitable for me to have to pick up a second job. So I searched Craigslist for part-time work, and found the Bienville Business Club in Downtown Mobile. The Bienville Club is like a Country Club, but without the Golf. Companies or individual people pay to be a member, and then they can dine there. It is fine dining restaurant, and it is on the top floor of a skyscraper. I signed on to be a Special Events Server, so I am hoping to make some extra cash. Here is something you can appreciate...on New Year's Eve they drop a huge Moon Pie off the side of the building :o) For those of you not familiar with a Moon Pie is a giant Southern Marshmallow Treat. Haha Classy. Lol I just need to make enough cash to dig myself out of debt, and get a couple hundred in the savings account, and then I will go back down to just school and True again.

One thing I love about here is how polite the men are to women, even guys my age!! When I am on campus, looking so BUSTED in sweatpants, a baggy tshirt, glasses, and no makeup, guys still hold open doors for me. They let girls on the elevator first, and hold the elevator open so girls get off first. If a guy cusses in front of a girl down here they apologize. They hold open doors for girls, and if a girl is walking up to a door a guy will stop what he is doing, walk over and open the door for you. No I am not making this up. This happens everyday when I am on campus.

Now that I am getting more used to my school, I recently submitted a writing sample to the school newspaper, so I can start writing for them on a regular basis. I am also looking into joining the Student Government. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

I have been religiously going to class, without skipping, and it has made such a great impact on my grades. I just took my midterms, and did great on every single one, including MATH which is a miracle for me. So I am adjusting well.

I am on the fitness bandwagon. I have been working out in my workout facility every night, and eating healthier for the most part. I cut out all fast food, and substituted water for pop. I am really trying to shed some of the pounds I packed on by eating wayyy to much soul food. I was working out the other day in the workout facility, and had my IPOD turned up. I thought I was alone, but all of sudden felt someone grab me on the arm. I screamed so loud. I turned around and there was an older black man behind, who was offended by my reaction. He said "Umm, I was just trying to tell you the elliptical machine was off track." I was still breathing heavy from being startled, I thanked him but told him he scared the hell out of me. He was still offended and said "You didn't see me come in?" Clearly not. I am so frightened all the time of being robbed or murdered. I don't think most people are as on-edge as me. Haha




No comments:

Post a Comment