Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

9 pound, 8 ounce Baby Jesus: Happy Birthday Baby!

Hello my loyal blog followers/readers,
I know I have been checked out for quite sometime. The semester took hold, and I didn't have any motivation to write since my time was consumed by term papers and homework. A lot has happened!

My sister Olivia got married in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on top of the smokey mountains on 11-11-11. We rented out a huge 3-story log cabin that over looked the Smokey Mountains, it came equipped with a Jacuzzi on the deck, an arcade with a pool table in the basement, and more booze to kill a donkey :o) The wedding was reall beautiful, and it was a great time for all. Dave's (Olivia's husband) army buddies flew in, and our whole family flew in from all over so it was a much needed reunion/vacation/happy event. We even saw a few black bears in the wild, yes, BEARS in the wild. We would be driving back to your cabin at night time, and the bears would literally just cross the street in front of us. Kind of crazy but really neat to see.

We recently upgraded from a two-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom apartment but in the same complex. I feel like I have moved more times then any 24 year old I know, but thankfully I love the new unit, and I have a ton more space. We now officially have a guest bedroom! So yes, all are welcome!

The last time we spoke I had picked up a second job at the Bienville Club, but that crashed and burned relatively quickly. It was a business club that overlooked Mobile, it was sort of a country club but without the golf, and the views were really spectacular. However, my first day there I did anything but serve, including but not limited to, MOPPING THE KITCHEN while still being paid server wages. What? It's one thing to help out, its another to be taken advantage of. So I never returned.

I took out a private loan to help fund my schooling, and I am hoping that I can make some serious cash at work and book a trip to California to see my peeps. I would've bought the ticket already but I have some people visiting us here, and I need to make sure my sister Rachel will be in California the time I visit.

***FUNNY SOUTHERN STORIES***
I  was looking all over Mobile for fun vintage furniture for my new bedroom, so I was cruising some thrift stores on a Sunday morning, and had no luck. I walked up to an older lady at the store, and asked if she could recommend a consignment shop I could browse, and she proceeded to give me detailed directions to every place in Mobile I could go in her very deep southern accent. Then she goes "Or you could try Camilla's Shop down on Hillcrest, but ya know she's a real good Christian now, so I dunno if she'll be open on a Sunday cause she is a good Christian woman." Haha YESS! Only in the bible belt people, and the woman was right, the shop was closed.

There are TONS of old hillbilly men that park their pick-up trucks backwards on the sides of roads and sell everything from watermelons to fire wood out of the back. I love the South.

Christmas is here! Happy Bday Jesus! Olivia and I put up the Christmas tree, and decorated our balcony with lights. This is the first time I have done that in over two years because Rachel is not the most festive person in the world lol Rachel flies in on the 20th and stays for 2 weeks! So anyways, I have to go do some errands! I'll be writing more consistently! Talk to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment