Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Awesome-ness

Sorry I have waited for a few days to write this. I have been getting off work and passing out because I am still wanting to sleep all the time.
**Warning the next paragraph is boring restaurant talk, but a lot of my restaurant peeps are interested**
Noja has been really great. They have a super small staff so everyone has been welcoming and friendly. At LB Steak, we had bartenders, back servers, expos, and runners. At Noja, it is a team service, so they don't have any of that. They do 1/3 the covers we did at LB Steak, but because there is no back-staff support, you stay just as busy. It is nice cause there is no huge tip out, and the servers make pretty good money. They do not have a kids menu, they charge for refills, there is a charge for splitting dishes, and they have a dress code for customers! Heaven. I think it always sucks being new because you have to learn all the quirks, but I will get there soon enough. I am training until next week Wednesday and start on the floor on Thursday of next week. I e-mailed True and told them I couldn't except the position, so Noja it is!
**OK, Enough talking shop...on to the next...**

Some weird/cool/funny things about Alabama, they have NO liquor cut off time. Bars can stay open as late as they want or close as early as they want. People stay at bars all the way until 8 am. Oh, and the bar tabs here are ridiculously cheap. It is a $1 a beer, and $2 for mixed drinks at pretty much everywhere.
My work is right in Downtown, and there is a club called Atlantis. It is for the ghetttttoooo fabulous. Apparently, the object of the game is to wear the least amount of clothes legally possible. There was a girl that walked in, and I kid you not, had underwear on that she wedged up her butt so you could see her butt cheeks, and she was wearing a spaghetti strapped tank top. Cutie. I wanted to take pictures for the blog, but I risked being shot. All the people going to that club dress in super tiny clothes, like they will wear a blouse and just stretch it down and not wear pants. Quite frankly, I was in people watching heaven.

Oh, I love watching people get arrested. It is a hobby of mine. Anything involving cops slamming people into walls or cement I like to have front row seating. Last night, a girl from work took me to a bar directly across from Atlantis, and we sat out on the porch and had beers. I saw cops literally chasing after people, riot police run into a bar, and sheriffs on horseback (yes! horseback.) trot down the street for crowd control. I was in police HEAVEN.

Somethings I hope rub off on me:
- the southern phrases like "just standing around like a bottle of piss" which is another way of saying you have nothing going on and you are bored.
- the manners everyone here talks to everybody, uses ma'am and sir, and is genuinely nice.
- the cowboys enough said.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment