Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My first few days in Alabama

Driving back into Mobile from Daphne (Mobile Skyline)

Sunset over Mobile
Gulf of Mexico




The joy of unpacking :o)

The humidity here the first day made me really crabby and tired. I am feeling better now though, and everyday I get more and more used to being in humidity again. The first night we got here Olivia, Dave, and I unpacked the car and set everything in my room to unpack. Between shopping for things for the apartment, running errands, and doing some sightseeing, my room looks like a bomb went off. I finally just attempted to start unpacking and organizing, but then I took a break to blog :o)
I guess the big question is: Do you like Alabama so far?
Yes! I love not having to fight traffic, I love the fact that people are so nice, and going out of their way to ask how you are doing. One thing I have to get used to be besides the weather, is how spread out everything is. I think whenever you move somewhere there is an inevitable fear, that you will fail, but I feel this every time I move, and then I am fine. I have always been a worrier. I am just excited to start work this week, and school really soon. I even saw my first thunderstorm for the first time in 2 years. (For my non-California peeps, they don't have thunder or lightning storms on the West Coast ever.)
Last night Olivia and Dave took me to Alligator Alley which is a long deck that is built over a swamp. The locals bring bags of marshmallows to the dock, and feed the gators. The alligators love marshmallows, who knew?! We were able to see a gator that was about 12 feet long, and another baby one. The highway here drives over the Gulf, and we were driving back at sunset so it was beautiful. I took some pictures as posted them above.
I am going to tackle some more unpacking! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment